Dear Residents, Families and Friends of Kirkhaven,
Last evening we received positive COVID-19 results for two (2) employees. One employee is a support staff member who does not have direct contact with residents and has been on personal leave for greater than 14 days. The other individual is a contract employee who tested positive on December 2nd, is asymptomatic, has been furloughed for 14 days and will not return to work until a negative COVID-19 result is received.
The following infection prevention actions are being taken:
- Rapid Point of Care testing is being conducted today, December 4th for ALL 2nd household residents.
- Rapid Point of Care testing will be conducted on Saturday, December 5th for the residents who were potentially exposed to the contract employee.
- Weekly COVID-19 testing continue for ALL Kirkhaven residents on December 7th, 14th and 21st.
- All four households will remain quarantined until further notice. All staff working on these households will continue to wear personal protective equipment (PPE): gowns, gloves, masks and face-shields when providing care to residents. Residents are encouraged to limit activities to their room and assigned household, wear face covering as tolerated and socially distance if they must leave their room.
- In-person visitation remains suspended until further notice. Hospice and End of Life visits will be permitted in accordance with Federal and State regulations. Please contact your assigned social worker for details.
We continue to follow rigorous infection prevention and control procedures. These include handwashing and wearing gloves and other personal protective equipment (PPE). Universal masking and face-shield policies remain in place – all employees must wear a surgical mask in all areas of our building and when within 6 feet of another individual. Furthermore, we remain vigilant with the frequency of disinfecting high use areas and have placed alcohol-based hand sanitizer in resident rooms and common areas for use by residents and staff.
We will continue to communicate changes in our facility COVID 19 status as well as any adjustments made to our infection control and visitation policy. Zoom and FaceTime visits are available by appointment. Please call your designated Social Worker, the House Manager or email: COVID19info@kirkhaven.com to schedule a virtual visit.
Residents and staff are monitored and screened for symptoms consistent with COVID-19 frequently in accordance with Federal and State regulations. Currently, there are no residents presenting with COVID-19 related signs or symptoms. Authorized representatives of residents testing positive for COVID-19 will be updated directly by phone upon receipt of positive results, ongoing on a daily basis until recovery and promptly upon a change in the resident’s condition.
In compliance with New York State Department of Health guidelines, we will update residents, authorized family members and guardians on the number of infections and deaths at our facility. Our website (www.kirkhaven.com) and the COVID-19 Status Hotline number below serves to alert family members to any new COVID-19 related bereavements and any test positive cases (resident and staff) at our facility. Authorized family members and guardians of residents who DO NOT have access to the internet may call the following phone number for a recorded status update. COVID-19 Weekly Status Hotline: 1-585-271-1772, Ext. 3085. This information is updated at least weekly basis.
Thank you for doing your part to stay safe and for your continued support and understanding as we work through the ongoing challenges of this pandemic.