Dear Residents, Families and Friends of Kirkhaven,
In our efforts to keep you informed regarding our facility COVID-19 status, this is to notify you that we have received positive COVID-19 test results for five (5) additional residents, one (1) resides on the 3rd household and four (4) reside on the 2nd household. Positive results were received late yesterday. The (5) residents are isolated in a designated area on the 2nd household. Resident test results for the 3rd and 5th household from December 20th are pending from an out of town laboratory.
The following infection prevention measures remain in place:
- All residents (with the exception of those previously positive in the last 90 days) will be retested every three (3) to seven (7) days for a fourteen (14) day period.
- All four households will remain quarantined until further notice. All staff working these households continue to wear personal protective equipment (PPE): gowns, gloves, masks and face-shields when providing care to residents. Residents are encouraged to limit activities to their room and assigned household, wear face covering as tolerated and socially distance if they must leave their room.
- Residents and staff are monitored and screened for symptoms consistent with COVID-19 frequently in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
- In-person visitation including hospice is suspended until further notice. End of Life visits will be permitted in accordance with Federal and State regulations. Zoom and FaceTime visits are available by appointment. Please call your designated Social Worker, the House Manager or email: COVID19info@kirkhaven.com to schedule a virtual visit.
- We remain vigilant with the frequency of disinfecting high use areas and have placed alcohol-based hand sanitizer throughout the building for use by residents and staff.
- We continue to follow rigorous infection prevention and control procedures. These include handwashing and wearing gloves and other personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Universal masking and face-shield policies remain in place – all employees must wear a surgical mask in all areas of our building and when within 6 feet of another individual. Furthermore, we remain vigilant with the frequency of disinfecting high use areas and have placed alcohol-based hand sanitizer in resident rooms and common areas for use by residents and staff.
In compliance with New York State Department of Health guidelines, we will routinely update residents, authorized family members and guardians on the number of infections and deaths at our facility. Our website (www.kirkhaven.com) and the COVID-19 Status Hotline number below serves to alert family members to any new COVID-19 related bereavements and any test positive cases (resident and staff) at our facility. Authorized family members and guardians of residents who DO NOT have access to the internet may call the following phone number for a recorded status update. COVID-19 Weekly Status Hotline: 1-585-271-1772, Ext. 3085.
Thank you for doing your part to stay safe and for your continued support and understanding as we work through the ongoing challenges of this pandemic.