Dear Residents, Families and Friends of Kirkhaven,
In an endeavor to maintain total transparency, we continue to report general information related to any positive COVID-19 cases at our facility, or if any resident suffers a COVID-19 related death. Our communications may also include COVID-19 pandemic regulatory updates, educational resources and new or revised facility policies such as resident/staff testing or visitation restrictions.
We have received positive COVID-19 test results today for one (1) nursing employee from December 31st. The employee has not worked recently and therefore no resident exposure has occurred. The employee has been furloughed for 14 days and will not return to work until a negative COVID-19 result is received.
Over the last 24 hours we have received positive COVID-19 results for twelve (12) residents from December 30th PCR testing. Three (3) residents reside on the 2nd household, five (5) residents reside on the 3rd household, one (1) resident resides on the 4th household and three (3) residents reside on the 5th household.
Today we conducted rapid testing on all negative residents on the 4th and 5th households. Seven (7) additional residents have resulted positive for COVID-19. Two (2) residents reside on the 4th household and five (5) residents reside on the 5th household. All positive residents have been relocated to designated COVID-19 areas on the 2nd, 3rd and 5th households.
Our staff remains dedicated to stopping the spread of COVID-19. The following infection prevention measures remain in place.
- All residents (with the exception of those previously positive in the last 90 days) will be retested every three (3) to seven (7) days for a fourteen (14) day period.
- All four households will remain quarantined until further notice. All staff working these households continue to wear personal protective equipment (PPE): gowns, gloves, masks and face-shields when providing care to residents. Residents are encouraged to limit activities to their room and assigned household, wear face covering as tolerated and socially distance if they must leave their room.
- Residents and staff are monitored and screened for symptoms consistent with COVID-19 frequently in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
- In-person visitation including hospice visits are suspended until further notice. End of Life (EOL) visits will be permitted in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
- Zoom and FaceTime visits are available by appointment. Please call your designated Social Worker, the House Manager or email: COVID19info@kirkhaven.com to schedule a virtual visit.
- We remain vigilant with the frequency of disinfecting high use areas and have placed alcohol-based hand sanitizer throughout the building for use by residents and staff.
- We continue to follow rigorous infection prevention and control procedures. These include handwashing and wearing gloves and other personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Universal masking and face-shield policies remain in place – all employees must wear a surgical mask in all areas of our building and when within 6 feet of another individual. Furthermore, we remain vigilant with the frequency of disinfecting high use areas and have placed alcohol-based hand sanitizer in resident rooms and common areas for use by residents and staff.
We are looking forward to our first round of COVID-19 vaccination clinics for staff and residents on Monday, January 4, 2021. A second clinic will be held on January 25, 2021 to provide the first group their second dose of the vaccine. Also, during the second vaccine clinic, residents and staff who are unable to receive the vaccine in the first round will be offered their first dose. Furthermore, a third clinic will be offered on February 15, 2021 at which time the second group of residents and staff will receive their second dose of the vaccine.
Please continue to do your part to stay safe and thank you for your continued support and understanding as we work through the ongoing challenges of this pandemic.