Dear Residents, Families and Friends of Kirkhaven,
We continue to report general information related to any positive COVID-19 cases at our facility, or if any resident suffers a COVID-19 related death. Our website (www.kirkhaven.com) and the COVID-19 Status Hotline (585-271-1772, Ext. 3085) serves to alert family members to any new COVID-19 related bereavements and any test positive cases (resident and staff) at our facility. Email and US mail communications are sent periodically and will include COVID-19 pandemic regulatory updates, educational resources and new or revised facility policies such as resident/staff testing or visitation restrictions.
As of this date, 25 residents have recovered from COVID-19 having completed 14 days quarantine, showing no symptoms and a negative COVID-19 test result. There have been no new staff cases identified in the last 48 hours.
All residents (with the exception of those previously positive in the last 90 days) were tested yesterday. All results are negative for COVID-19 with the exception of one (1) resident who resides on the 4th household. This resident has been relocated to a designated COVID-19 area on the 5th household.
The following infection prevention measures remain in place.
- All residents (with the exception of those previously positive in the last 90 days) will be retested every three (3) to seven (7) days for a fourteen (14) day period.
- All four households will remain quarantined until further notice. All staff working these households continue to wear personal protective equipment (PPE): gowns, gloves, masks and face-shields when providing care to residents. Residents are encouraged to limit activities to their room and assigned household, wear face covering as tolerated and socially distance if they must leave their room.
- Residents and staff are monitored and screened for symptoms consistent with COVID-19 frequently in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
- In-person visitation including hospice visits are suspended until further notice. End of Life (EOL) visits will be permitted in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
- Zoom and FaceTime visits are available by appointment. Please call your designated Social Worker, the House Manager or email: COVID19info@kirkhaven.com to schedule a virtual visit.
- We remain vigilant with the frequency of disinfecting high use areas and have placed alcohol-based hand sanitizer throughout the building for use by residents and staff.
- We continue to follow rigorous infection prevention and control procedures. These include handwashing and wearing gloves and other personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Universal masking and face-shield policies remain in place – all employees must wear a surgical mask in all areas of our building and when within 6 feet of another individual.
The second COVID-19 vaccination clinic will be held on January 25, 2021 to provide the first group their second dose of the vaccine. Also, during the second clinic, residents and staff who were unable to receive the vaccine in the first round due to their COVID-19 status or preference to wait, will be offered their first dose of the vaccine. Residents and staff who have tested positive since receiving the first dose of the vaccine are eligible to receive the second dose of the vaccine if they are asymptomatic and have completed 14 days quarantine. A third clinic will be offered on February 15, 2021 at which time the second group of residents and staff will receive their second dose of the vaccine.
Please continue to do your part to stay safe and thank you for your continued support and understanding as we work through the ongoing challenges of this pandemic.