Dear Residents, Families and Friends of Kirkhaven,
In our efforts to keep you informed regarding our facility COVID-19 status, this is to notify you that we have received positive COVID-19 test results for one (1) nursing employee who works on the 3rd household. The employee is furloughed for 14 days and will not return to work until a negative COVID-19 result is received.
We have also received positive COVID-19 results from 12/20/2020 testing for one (1) resident who resides on the 3rd household. This resident was transferred to the hospital earlier today. Our thoughts are with all our residents and their families during these difficult and unsettling times.
The following infection prevention measures remain in place:
- All residents are being retested today in compliance with Federal and State COVID-19 outbreak guidelines.
- All residents (with the exception of those previously positive in the last 90 days) will be retested every three (3) to seven (7) days for a fourteen (14) day period.
- All four households will remain quarantined until further notice. All staff working these households continue to wear personal protective equipment (PPE): gowns, gloves, masks and face-shields when providing care to residents. Residents are encouraged to limit activities to their room and assigned household, wear face covering as tolerated and socially distance if they must leave their room.
- Residents and staff are monitored and screened for symptoms consistent with COVID-19 frequently in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
- In-person visitation including hospice is suspended until further notice. End of Life visits will be permitted in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
- We remain vigilant with the frequency of disinfecting high use areas and have placed alcohol-based hand sanitizer throughout the building for use by residents and staff.
- We continue to follow rigorous infection prevention and control procedures. These include handwashing and wearing gloves and other personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Universal masking and face-shield policies remain in place – all employees must wear a surgical mask in all areas of our building and when within 6 feet of another individual. Furthermore, we remain vigilant with the frequency of disinfecting high use areas and have placed alcohol-based hand sanitizer in resident rooms and common areas for use by residents and staff.
As you are aware, the deployment of the COVID-19 vaccine is underway across the nation. We are eager to begin vaccinating residents and staff in the next couple weeks. Kirkhaven will be receiving the Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine which is administered in two doses, three weeks apart. There is no cost for the vaccine. Our pharmacy partner, Health Direct will manage the on-site vaccination clinics with support from our clinical team members. We are anticipating the first vaccine clinic to take place on or before January 4, 2021. The second clinic would then be held on or before January 25, 2021.
Thank you for doing your part to stay safe and for your continued support and understanding as we work through the ongoing challenges of this pandemic.