Dear Residents, Families and Friends of Kirkhaven,
Our thoughts are with all our residents and their families during these difficult and unsettling times. In our efforts to keep you informed regarding our facility COVID-19 status, this is to notify you that we have received positive COVID-19 test results from December 25th for one (1) nursing employee who works on the 3rd household. The employee is symptomatic, furloughed for 14 days and will not return to work until a negative COVID-19 result is received.
As a result of the staff member exposure on 3rd household, all residents on the 3rd household were rapid tested today. Sadly, twelve (12) additional residents on the 3rd household have tested positive for COVID-19. Additionally, on the 2nd household, we received positive COVID-19 results on four (4) residents who were tested on December 24th and one (1) resident who was rapid tested today. Therefore, a total of seventeen (17) additional resident cases have been identified today.
Since December 3, 2020, thirty-eight (38) residents have tested positive, three (3) residents have been transferred to the hospital and one (1) resident has recovered. There have been zero (0) deaths related to or suspected of COVID-19.
In compliance with CDC guidelines we have relocated or grouped all residents testing positive for COVID-19 in the following designated areas. On December 18th we established a COVID-19 area on the 5th household (short hall). Then on December 23rd we established a second COVID-19 area on the 2nd household (long hall). Today, the 3rd household residents testing positive are being isolated on the (long hall) side of the household.
The following infection prevention measures remain in place:
- All residents (with the exception of those previously positive in the last 90 days) will be retested every three (3) to seven (7) days for a fourteen (14) day period.
- All four households will remain quarantined until further notice. All staff working these households continue to wear personal protective equipment (PPE): gowns, gloves, masks and face-shields when providing care to residents. Residents are encouraged to limit activities to their room and assigned household, wear face covering as tolerated and socially distance if they must leave their room.
- Residents and staff are monitored and screened for symptoms consistent with COVID-19 frequently in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
- In-person visitation including hospice is suspended until further notice. End of Life visits will be permitted in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
- We remain vigilant with the frequency of disinfecting high use areas and have placed alcohol-based hand sanitizer throughout the building for use by residents and staff.
- We continue to follow rigorous infection prevention and control procedures. These include handwashing and wearing gloves and other personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Universal masking and face-shield policies remain in place – all employees must wear a surgical mask in all areas of our building and when within 6 feet of another individual. Furthermore, we remain vigilant with the frequency of disinfecting high use areas and have placed alcohol-based hand sanitizer in resident rooms and common areas for use by residents and staff.
Thank you for doing your part to stay safe and for your continued support and understanding as we work through the ongoing challenges of this pandemic.