Dear Residents, Families and Friends of Kirkhaven,
Regardless of all of our efforts to keep the virus at bay, we have experienced a significant outbreak on two (2) of our resident households. This is to notify you that we have received positive COVID-19 test results today for three (3) employees: one (1) security officer, one (1) nursing employee and one (1) contract employee. The employees are furloughed for 14 days and will not return to work until a negative COVID-19 result is received.
In compliance with CDC guidelines we have relocated or grouped all residents testing positive for COVID-19 in the following designated areas. On December 18th we established a COVID-19 area on the 5th household (short hall). On December 23rd we established a second COVID-19 area on the 2nd household (long hall). On December 27th, a third COVID-19 area was established on the (long hall) side of the 3rd household.
All residents on the 4th and 5th household were rapid tested today. One (1) resident on the 4th household and two (2) residents on the 5th household have tested positive for COVID-19. These residents were relocated to a designated COVID-19 area on the 2nd and 3rd households.
In addition, one (1) resident on the 2nd household and one (1) resident on the 3rd household who were previously exposed have also tested positive for COVID-19. Therefore, a total of five (5) additional resident cases have been identified today.
Our thoughts are with all our residents and their families during these difficult and unsettling times. Our staff remains dedicated to stopping the spread of COVID-19. The following infection prevention measures remain in place:
- All residents (with the exception of those previously positive in the last 90 days) will be retested every three (3) to seven (7) days for a fourteen (14) day period.
- All four households will remain quarantined until further notice. All staff working these households continue to wear personal protective equipment (PPE): gowns, gloves, masks and face-shields when providing care to residents. Residents are encouraged to limit activities to their room and assigned household, wear face covering as tolerated and socially distance if they must leave their room.
- Residents and staff are monitored and screened for symptoms consistent with COVID-19 frequently in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
- In-person visitation including hospice is suspended until further notice. End of Life visits will be permitted in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
- We remain vigilant with the frequency of disinfecting high use areas and have placed alcohol-based hand sanitizer throughout the building for use by residents and staff.
- We continue to follow rigorous infection prevention and control procedures. These include handwashing and wearing gloves and other personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Universal masking and face-shield policies remain in place – all employees must wear a surgical mask in all areas of our building and when within 6 feet of another individual. Furthermore, we remain vigilant with the frequency of disinfecting high use areas and have placed alcohol-based hand sanitizer in resident rooms and common areas for use by residents and staff.
Thank you for doing your part to stay safe and for your continued support and understanding as we work through the ongoing challenges of this pandemic.